14.8v 10ah 148wh Battery Module with BMS 4 cells
These modules have 4x 10ah cells inside in 4s1p configuration. We tested a lot of these packs and they were between 80-90% capacity at 0.2c discharge rate. The packs we tested some of the cells went a little out of balance towards the bottom of the discharge cycle so they are top balanced and these packs will cycle through the BMS. They just might cut out a little early if they are out of balance towards the end of the discharge. I would recommend to salvage the cells out of these packs but you can test the modules and likely use them as is. If the discharge test cuts out a little early then the cells likely are out of balance and those packs I would salvage the cells or limit the discharge cut off to maybe 3.2v per cell. You can carefully use a solder sucker tool and make sure you don't short the cells when doing that. Keep the packs at an angle so the solder doesn't melt towards the next cell. We are selling these for just $2.50 per cell for 10ah cells that are mostly testing between 8-9ah. The BMS is a bonus. And if the pack works as is that is an even greater bonus. All cells are guaranteed to have voltage as we tested every pack. The 2nd photo shows the BMS with the tab connections. The tabs are just soldered in place.
These are nice, compact, and clean modules that were originally likely used in backup lighting systems.
We tested the BMS at 5a charge and discharge. The wires coming out of the BMS are 20 gauge so they are sized to handle up to 5a.
Module fully charged - 16.8 (4.2v per cell)
Module fully discharged - 11.2v (2.8v per cell)
The information we were able to find online with these packs is below
- Lithium-polymer battery packs with PCM, 14.8V 10Ah
- Nominal capacity: 10Ah at 0.2C discharge
- Nominal voltage: 14.8V
- Thickness: 25.6mm
- Width: 63.1mm
- Length: 203.2mm
- Cell weight: 205g
- Cycle life: ≥300 times
- Maximum discharging current: 2CmA
- Discharge cut-off voltage: 3V
- Impedance: ≤70mΩ
- Operating temperature:
- Discharge:-20 to +60°C
- Charge: 0 to +45°C
- High operation voltage, large starting up power
- High energy density.
- Long cycle life, more than 300 charge/discharge cycles (80% capacity remained)
- Minimal self-discharge, less than 10% monthly
- Wide temperature range, operating from :-20 to +60°C
- Be charged and discharged at anytime because of non-memory
- Environmentally compatible
- High level of safety, vision lithium-ion batteries catch no fire and cause no explosion in breaking experiment, with acupuncture, smash, drop and more
- Digital products: Bluetooth, MP3, P-DVD, cellular phone
- Portable electronics: Apple's iPhone, e-books, notebook computers, LCD light, digital camera, emergency lighting
- Backup power supply, medical device
- Electric bicycles, HEV, EV